An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Their innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Electrician based in Skipton in North Yorkshire. This role is easily accessible from Ripon, Bradford, Harrogate, Burnley, Blackburn, Clitheroe, Halifax, Keighley, Otley, Accrington, Lancaster and surrounding areas.
Reporting directly to the Unit Manager, as the Maintenance Electrician, you will work closely with all members of the engineering team delivering high levels of service quality across various Electrical Engineering related activities. Your role will provide an effective link between the Operations and Engineering teams and you will be responsible for effectively carrying out preventative maintenance tasks and responding in a timely manner to breakdown repairs whilst keeping a keen eye out for continuous improvement.
The Maintenance Electrician will undertake plant maintenance, repairs and improvements to ensure maximum reliability of all plant associated areas and you will assist team members in all aspects of plant operation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to plant breakdowns, when necessary and being responsible for the correct and efficient repair of equipment keeping downtime to a minimum with timely and safe adherence to the maintenance plan whilst complying to all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental standards
- Continuing to improve plant performance whilst maintaining safety, maintenance and asset reliability
- Contributing to the in-house development of the Computer Maintenance Management System
- Utilising documents, and maintaining policies, procedures, and associated guidelines for the safe and efficient maintenance of equipment within the Electrical Engineering department as appropriate
The role of Maintenance Electrician is a shift role so you will be required to work a set shift pattern; with overtime available to meet with the site needs (6am to 2pm, or 1:30pm to 9:30pm (likely to alternate each week).
The role of Maintenance Electrician is a varied, complex and rewarding position and the ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an Electrical Engineer. As well as possessing good communication skills and a positive, proactive 'can-do' attitude suitable candidates will have a real desire to develop both engineering and supervisory skills.
This role also requires:
- ESSENTIAL – Level 3 Apprentice trained Electrician and
–ONC/NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering
- 18th Edition - BS7671 I.E.E Regulations and Legislation (preferable)
- Have experience of TPM methodology and Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge of relevant electrical and control engineering maintenance principles and practices, and experience of working in a relevant heavy engineering industry
- Working knowledge and experience of Industrial Low Voltage power distribution systems
- A good working understanding of PLC’s and the use of the associated tools and techniques for the interrogation of the software
- Knowledge and understanding the operation of AC Drives and Motors
- Knowledgeable in the area of Predictive Maintenance
- Experience in working with a Computer Maintenance Management System
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode & Effect Analysis tools/techniques
- Understands database systems as relevant to planned maintenance and logging of shift activities
- Able to design simple electrical systems and draw schematic diagrams then transfer the information into practical use
- Know how to perform electrical statutory tests and inspections and understand safe use of electrical test and measuring instruments
- An understanding of mechanical systems including hydraulics and pneumatics and understand National and International codes and symbols used on drawings and specifications
- Ability to learn Health and Safety rules applicable to each department regarding their own and other operators’ safety
Suitable candidates will be:
- Able to challenge people, hold them accountable for job completion and quality of completion
- Computer literate. Familiarity with computer software (word, excel, etc)
- Demonstrate problem-solving capabilities
As well as a competitive salary package, our client offer all employees career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the employee reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
TR2 Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Agency for permanent workers and an Employment Business for temporary workers.