We are working with a leading civil engineering and construction organisation who are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to join their South West infrastructure team near Bristol.
Our client have huge ambition for the future and continue their growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of their industry. They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who shares their passion, enthusiasm and collaborative way of working, and in return, offer limitless career opportunities.
The position itself will see a Quantity Surveyor join their infrastructure team, working on exciting projects in South West England.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will have worked in the construction industry, preferably on civil engineering projects, but wouldn’t be excluded for consideration if you haven’t. Reporting directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Overseeing the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Preparing and agreeing interim valuations and final accounts
- Recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of contracts
- Managing financial accounts and report to senior management on the project performance
- Liaising and presenting to the client on the project performance
- Securing payments from customers within the specified contract terms
- Subcontract procurement and management of subcontractor accounts
- Pre-contract pricing and agreement project costs.
The Ideal Candidate
It is preferred that the successful candidate is;
- Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted (HNC/HND)
- Ideally working towards being a member of a relevant professional body e.g. CICES, RICS
- Experienced in working on general Civil Engineering projects
- The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A passion for safety
- Experience of using the NEC forms of contract
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organisational ability
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
Our client offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the company Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join a company Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
The position is to start ASAP and we have immediate interview slots available.
TR2 Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Agency for permanent workers and an Employment Business for temporary workers.