We are working with a “people first business” who genuinely care about their staff. If you share their values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified and/or experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our clients friendly team in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. This role is easily commutable from Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield, Huddersfield, Manchester, Wakefield, Halifax, Barnsley, Doncaster, Castleford, Pontefract, York, Wetherby, Harrogate and the surrounding areas.
Due to the nature and experience of the team, a hybrid working model is being offered and we actively encourage graduates with 3+ years experience to apply for this role as our client are keen to develop the successful candidate to excel in this position should you be successful.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will ideally have worked in a similar industry with experience of working on Highways, Infrastructure or Maintenance Projects.
Other responsibilities for this role will include:
- Be an integral member of the commercial team supporting the Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Build a strong relationship with internal and client counterparts
- Managing commercial projects from pre contract stage through to completion
- Engaging and managing sub-contracts including tender enquiries, award and assessment of monthly payment applications
- Support the production of monthly CVR's
- Produce both internal and client forecasts
- Production and substantiation through to agreement of associated Final Accounts
- Ensure all company and client processes are followed to minimise commercial risk
- Ensure all work completed is accurately valued and followed through to cash collection
- Prepare and submit monthly application for payments to clients
- Prepare and issue early warning notices and compensation events
Due to the nature of the work, a company vehicle is included with the role of Quantity Surveyor and therefore you must have a FULL UK manual car driving licence with no more than 6 points
The Ideal Candidate
As our ideal Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- NEC3/4 experience would prove highly beneficial
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Good oral, written communication; and presentation skills with strong numeracy and analytical ability
- Process driven with strong commercial awareness and good negotiation skills
It is preferred that the successful candidate for the role of Quantity Surveyor is educated to degree level, although other equivalent qualifications minimum HND or QBE (Qualified by Experience) may be accepted.
Training and development will be provided to a new colleague to attain their best in this role; therefore, we encourage you to apply if you are in the early stages of your career.
In addition to the role of Quantity Surveyor our client offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the company Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities