Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, our client are looking for a Senior Plant Manager to join the team.
This position will be dedicated to providing excellent customer service by delivering a world class operation underpinned by a culture of safety, quality and continuous improvement with respect to creating a market leading product with high productivity at optimum cost, while developing an empowered and driven workforce.
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Plant Manager will be able to demonstrate knowledge of understanding of a large 24 hour manufacturing process and be able to show a strong attitude and positivity in a fast-paced and changing environment. We are looking for someone that can lead and change teams and also have demonstrable budgetary experience.
Engineering experience would be a bonus, but is not essential. We are looking to hear from candidates who can show excellent leadership qualities and can manage areas such as Safety, Transport and Legal Compliance in a competent manner. Previous experience of running a large manufacturing process is essential.
On a day to day basis, the successful candidate's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Develop and maintain a safe and sustainable environment for the workforce
- Lead, and sustain change in a unionised environment
- Manage and develop the capabilities of your team to build a high performing workforce with a culture of delivery and accountability
- Drive Continuous Improvement activity at the site to cover all aspects of the operation
- Manage the site budget and drive EBITDA
- Ensure policies and procedures including health, safety and environmental requirements are fully compliant with legislation
- Provide operational reports on site performance
- Achieve all production and quality targets
- Develop and implement capital investment projects to improve safety and performance across the site
Communication skills and the ability to influence others is key along with a real desire to develop the sites engineering capability, thinking skills, and understanding of engineering as a value-add activity.
As well as a competitive salary package, our client offer all employees career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the employee reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
TR2 Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Agency for permanent workers and an Employment Business for temporary workers.