Our client are part of a leading sustainable building materials business and has?over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.?
They are one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to join the team based in Buxton, Derbyshire.
In this role, you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Optimising the cement plant operations and quality by acting as the site ‘expert’ in process related issues such as capital projects
- Defining instructions and procedures concerning process key parameters and informing and training operational staff as and advising on plant operating techniques (in conjunction with the production department)
- Leading and participating process studies and audits with the support of experts from the technical centre
- Developing IT tools to facilitate process management and challenging daily main equipment operations set-points and practices in: raw mix preparation, kiln operation, and finish grinding. Monitoring and interpreting the daily quality results and working with plant cross functional personnel, to diagnose process incidents in the field and determine root causes. Optimising daily process by proposing modifications to the process parameters at all stages of the cement manufacturing process. Analysing process records and create daily reporting using TDM/PI and other process tools.
- Working in partnership with production department, developing and updating the Standard Operating Procedures for Control Room Operators so that the plant is running at optimum level at all times.
- Creating and participating in experimentation plans for alternate fuels substitution. Assess and manage the implementation of alternate fuels.
- Organize and complete audits of raw mill, pyro processing, and finish grinding in autonomy. Identify deviations in process operations and propose / validate corrective actions.
- Maintain a database containing the “base line” capabilities of all current equipment and processes.
- To identify power reduction projects and continually improve & optimise the plant to reduce power, ultimately striving for the plant to achieve the lowest possible power consumption
- To optimise fuel consumption and prioritise the increased use of alternative fuels & alternative raw materials to deliver cost reductions and increased biomass material.
- Analyse plant technical information on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to advise production, quality, environment, systems and maintenance departments on improvement opportunities.
- Advise production and quality departments on plant running parameters / targets.
- Organise and contribute to the implementation of process inspections (both running and stopped) on main plant as per guidelines and Plant needs. Report the findings and liaise with relevant departments so that findings and recommendations are followed-up and actions progressed.
- Manage and develop team members; coach and support to develop individual’s technical skills and develop their understanding of the wider business issues relevant to their job.
- To maintain positive relations with all Plant stakeholders
- Work with Project team in the determination of equipment specifications for plant improvement projects
- Leading safety in the Optimisation team and demonstrate clear commitment to achieving zero harm on the Plant. Ensuring that high safety standards are met, coaching and challenging others to work safely.
- Identify environmental constraints and impact on operating permits associated with modification of process, fuels, and / or raw material changes.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will be degree qualified in chemical engineering degree or have equivalent experience. In addition, you should have:
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IChemE associated - working towards or willing to attain chartered engineering status
- Safety and Environmental laws and regulations
- Cement manufacturing processes: raw meal preparation, burning, combustion and milling
- General knowledge in physics, chemistry, thermodynamics and IT
- Waste-derived fuel knowledge and experience
- Leadership and management of others
- Time served in production or process department
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead, motivate and support functional and cross-functional teams
- Innovative and creative thinking
Plant operations are 365 days, 24/7 and the role requires flexibility to ensure effective running of the plant. This may involve night working, weekend and Bank holidays and being on call if necessary
The position is to start ASAP and we have immediate interview slots available.
TR2 Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Agency for permanent workers and an Employment Business for temporary workers.