An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Their innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are recruiting a Technical Manager to join an experience Concrete team based on site at near Cumbria. This unique opportunity is easily accessible from Whitehaven, Workington, Cockermouth, Broughton-in-Furness, Kirkby-in-Furness and the surrounding areas.
The role of Technical Manager is a high-profile appointment that will provide you with the opportunity to partner with key stakeholders to manage Product process and compliance.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the role of Technical Manager will manage a small team of Technicians to ensure Product compliance. You will provide expert knowledge & Technical support to the Sales and Operational Teams regarding Customer specifications and product manufacture/delivery.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Provision of full and effective testing processes in accordance with standards and accreditation
- Identification of quality issues and the instigation of corrective action
- Effective technical team organisation, ensuring all business requirements are fulfilled
- Optimise products re cost and performance, as well as management / maintenance of trial mixes
- To oversee continuous work to optimise mix designs
In addition, your responsibilities as Technical Manager will include:
- Liaison with Customers to provide relevant product advice and assist with the investigation and resolution of Material Quality Complaints.
- Monitoring and assisting operations to meet the compliance and consistency criteria to ensure products conform
- Ensuring that all technical operational systems are adhered to in accordance with quality control plans / procedures & Sox compliant where required
- Investigating complaints and make recommendation for improvements and identify root causes
- Providing support to key customers as well as technical expertise to the internal sales department
- Ensuring technical performance KPI accountability
- Supporting the onsite Technical team in all aspects of the performance management process including completion of all appraisals and creation of personal development plans
- Engaging with, and managing the expectations of both internal stakeholders (commercial partners, technical teams, Quality Management and also sales colleagues) as well as external stakeholders (customers and suppliers)
The ideal candidate for the role of Technical Manager will already have a strong working knowledge of aggregates and Ready Mix (RMX) concrete products and their applications as well as good appreciation of EN206 standards and specifications. Suitable candidates will also have:
- University Certificate or Diploma in Concrete Studies, City and Guilds Concrete Technology and Construction (similar) or equivalent working experience
- Knowledge of added value products and production process requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven people management skills
- Capability and evidence of ability to influence and persuade others
- An appetite for problem solving and demonstrate a solution focussed approach
- Excellent planning & organising skills
As well as a competitive salary package, our client offer all employees career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the employee reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
The position is to start ASAP and we have immediate interview slots available.
TR2 Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Agency for permanent workers and an Employment Business for temporary workers.