Our client are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working across sites in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We are looking to recruit an Environmental Advisor to be remotely based across their sites. The position will suit a candidate who lives in one of the following areas; Birmingham, Redditch, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Kidderminster, Stourbridge, Wolverhampton, Malvern, Droitwich Spa, Oxford, Reading, Slough, Basingstoke, Stroud, Stonehouse, Cirencester, Newbury, Andover, Salisbury, Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and the surrounding areas.
As an Environmental Advisor you will be expected to work Monday – Friday but with flexibility should a business need arise.
The company offers limitless career opportunities, and have huge ambitions for the future.
The Environmental Advisor report directly to the Future Generations Team will work closely with the project managers across the region. This role is fundamental in their current and future projects, and you will provide your knowledge and expertise to colleagues.
Your responsibilities will include (not exhaustive):
- Understand the company environmental policies, procedures and statutory requirements in relation to their effect on operations and ensure that these requirements are implemented and maintained
- Provide advice for obtaining legal compliance consents, permits, licences and waste exemptions (e.g. discharge permits, land drainage consent, ordinary watercourse consent, abstraction licences, Section 61 consents, etc) – Ensure that these are actioned, in place and manage de-register
- Support project teams with the development of Materials Management Plans (MMPs) and Site Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) to ensure all key opportunities and risks are identified, mitigated and subsequently managed appropriate to the level of environmental risk associated with the project
- Monitor performance against the environmental and sustainability strategy and objectives, system, standards, processes and procedures and report back to the Future Generations Manager
- Implement initiatives that will improve environmental performance
- Liaise with enforcing authorities and professional groups with region
- Delivering and supporting the Future Generations Manager in business-wide strategies and initiatives designed to improve wellbeing of future generations, sustainability and environmental performance and bring about social, economic, environmental and cultural change
- Raise awareness in the business through identifying gaps; arrange, co-ordinate and deliver specific environmental training and campaigns
- Assist in the development, review and approval process were requested of environmental risk assessments / aspects and impacts and work package plans
- Investigate all environmental non-conformances and audit findings, making recommendations and supporting the delivery of suitable and adequate corrective and preventative actions required. Communicate the results to the Future Generations Manager
As well as a competitive salary, a car / allowance is provided with this role so you must have a FULL UK manual car driving license with no more than 6 points.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The successful applicant in the role of Environmental Advisor will be instrumental in the future development of the environmental and economics of the company culture to achieve the benefits available through their continuous improvement strategies. You will have experience within a similar role with a large civil engineering/building infrastructure projects and/or construction industry.
Environmental Advisor – Qualifications/Requirements/Capabilities:
- Member of IEMA, and ideally with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an environmental role within the construction industry
- Strong knowledge and experience of statutory environmental legislation and regulations, as well as industry best practice
- Good knowledge and experience of environmental and sustainability managements systems, such as ISO 14001, ISO50001, ISO20400, BS8001
- Good cross business team working, with experience of influencing staff at all levels and being able to communicate this both written and verbally
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft office (word, excel PowerPoint)
The company additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Company Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to the Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join the Employee Communities (employee networks)
- Training and development opportunities
The position is to start ASAP and we have immediate interview slots available.
TR2 Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Agency for permanent workers and an Employment Business for temporary workers.