Our client are an award-winning, planning-led architectural practice, specialising in bespoke, high quality projects across both the residential and commercial sectors.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced structural engineer with an enthusiastic self-motivated disposition, excellent project and team development skills who is looking for a new challenge! ]
The business is approaching its second anniversary and is already proving to be a thriving business with plenty of potential for expansion. Joining the existing team at Director level, you will be integral to the business development as the practice grows.
You will not only be able to put your existing experience to effective use but also be able to gain understanding and have full involvement in every aspect of a developing business! You will also benefit from the infrastructure and procedures already established.
Based in Truro, our client operate throughout Devon and Cornwall. They currently work mostly in the residential and commercial sectors on a wide spectrum of projects that range in size from small domestic alterations up to large multi-million-pound projects in interesting locations.
The successful candidate will be an engineer capable of creative thinking to resolve design challenges whilst undertaking the detailed structural design and analysis of elements and frames in concrete, steel, timber, and masonry, liaising directly with architects and other members of the design team to meet project deadlines.
The ideal candidate:
- A suitable engineering degree MEng/BEng in civil or structural engineering, ideally with senior engineer or associate level experience and working towards chartership with the IStructE or ICE.
- Proven technical knowledge and experience of delivering projects from concept design all the way through to tender stage.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, analysis and technical design ability are essential and are considered key attributes for the role.
- Confident managing others and willing to delegate and verify technical delivery as necessary to deliver the appropriate level of technical information per stage in line with project scope requirements.
- Current experience of leading, managing and running, as the principal point of contact for structural engineering design projects.
- Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques, procedures, and Structural principles.
- Experience in delivering Party Wall Surveys is desirable but not essential.
- Alongside this you would also be responsible for taking the technical lead with the existing team, mentoring as required and promoting CPD.
What’s on offer?
- In return you will be offered a competitive salary between £50-65k depending upon experience.
- Starting at director level with a profit share scheme (30% share holding after 12 months).
- Depending on the future growth and profitability of the business, potential further progression to equity shares could be negotiated.
- Benefits Package includes 26 days holiday, sick pay, healthcare, company pension and flexi time.
The position is to start ASAP and we have immediate interview slots available.
TR2 Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Agency for permanent workers and an Employment Business for temporary workers.